Little Red Wagon Moving is here for all of your moving needs, from helping you move from the East Coast to helping you pack up your belongings. As professional movers, we understand that without proper planning and organization, moving can be an overwhelming experience. We’ve put together a list to help minimize stress in your upcoming move. With these tips and tricks, you’ll learn that moving can actually be an enjoyable and fun experience!
6 Tips For Your Next Move
Usually, moving becomes stressful because you don’t leave enough time to complete important tasks. Then, you end up rushing to do things like change your address or turn off your utilities, and you constantly feel in a race against the clock. Hopefully, by following the tips below, you can stay organized throughout the entire moving process.
- Create A List
- Once you realize you’re going to be moving, one of the first things you need to do is make a moving checklist. This will help you stay on track and realize how far in advance you should complete your task before your move.
- You should look at your move as a fresh start. Take this time to go through all of your belongings and declutter your entire place. Whether you’re moving into a new home or you’re moving your business, decluttering your space will help you start out on the right foot.
- Organize utilities
- Make sure to set a reminder to stop any utilities you won’t be using anymore. You’ll also want to set a reminder to turn on the utilities at your new place. The last thing you want to worry about is arriving at your new home and realizing you forgot to turn the water on, and being unable to reach the water company until the following morning.
- Clean Before You Unpack
- One of the best ways to settle into your new space is to take time to thoroughly clean every room before your movers arrive with all of your stuff. This way, your entire space is clean and ready for your furniture and all of your belongings. Even if a space looks clean, you don’t know if the previous tenants deep cleaned it, so it’s best to do it yourself.
- Pack A Moving Day Kit
- One of the best ways to keep your moving day stress-free is to pack a kit! You want this to contain a couple of pairs of outfits, toiletries, snacks, water, and chargers. This way, you don’t have to worry about needing to rummage through a ton of boxes just to find a clean pair of socks.
- Pack Your Valuables Separately
- Have you ever misplaced your phone and freaked out a bit until you realized it fell in between the couch cushions? Imagine doing that, but with all of the valuables you own! To keep your valuables safe and make sure you know where they are at all times, pack them in a separate box and move them yourself, instead of leaving the box with the moving company.
Schedule Your Next Move With The Happy Movers
In Colorado Springs, Little Red Wagon Moving is known as The Happy Movers because we help make sure people have an enjoyable moving experience. Whether it’s sharing our moving tips with you, or supporting you throughout your long-distance move, we’re dedicated to making sure your moving experience is a positive one. If you’re interested in learning more about our moving services, or want to discover other ways to keep your move stress free, contact our helpful team today!