Little Red Wagon Moving is passionate about making your move as simple and enjoyable as possible. From commercial moves to long-distance moves, we have the resources and expertise to handle all of your moving needs! One of our favorite things to do is share moving tips with our customers. By sharing all of our tips and tricks with you, we hope to help you streamline your moving process and make it an enjoyable experience. One of the things we hear the most is how much our customers hate unpacking all of their boxes once they’ve arrived at their new home. With these unpacking tips, you’ll no longer dread having to unpack your belongings.
Whether you’re moving your one-bedroom apartment or a five-bedroom house, unpacking all of your belongings can easily become overwhelming. If you don’t put a system in place, then you’ll be randomly opening and unpacking boxes, most likely creating a bigger headache for yourself in the end. In order to help you unpack as efficiently as possible, take the following steps:
- Unpack The Essentials
- Have you ever moved and found yourself struggling to cook a basic meal or brush your teeth because you didn’t know where your necessities were? Well, if you unpack your essentials first, you’ll never have to worry about this issue again. When packing, make sure to create one or two boxes with everything you would need for your first couple of weeks. This includes anything from clothes to paper towels.
- Unpack Your Kitchen
- Unpacking your kitchen boxes first will help you feed you and your family without having to spend unnecessary money on food delivery. This will also help you begin to establish your new routine. You can make your coffee in the morning, and make yourself a sandwich at lunch. The sooner you can utilize your kitchen, the sooner it’ll begin to feel like home.
- Next, Unpack One Room At A Time.
- Unpacking an entire home can become extremely exhausting and overwhelming. To help keep your unpacking process simple, make sure to place boxes in the rooms they belong. Then, go room by room and unpack each box. This will also help keep you focused and keep you from wandering aimlessly deciding what to unpack next.
- Assemble Your Furniture
- Once you know where all your furniture is going to be placed, begin to assemble and place everything where it belongs. Focus on the big items first, such as beds, couches and TV stands, so that you have places to sit and relax during breaks.
- Unpack Secondary Rooms Last
- While every room in your new home is important, there are certain rooms that can wait to be unpacked. This includes utility spaces and storage areas. Whether it’s the garage or the hall closet, feel free to wait to unpack these areas until a few days after you’ve moved. Waiting to unpack these boxes won’t inhibit you from enjoying your new home, and it’ll also allow you to take a much needed break from moving.
MOVING MADE EASY WITH LITTLE RED WAGON MOVING
From helping you learn how to unpack efficiently to setting up your office in its new location, Little Red Wagon Moving has the tools and experience necessary to help make your move as easy as possible. Our team of moving experts will help you before, during and after your move to ensure you’re settling into your new home with ease. If you’re interested in seeing what other tips and tricks we share with our customers, please read some of our blogs. If you’re ready to start planning your next move, then contact us today!